Philo Fact Sheet
LAUNCH DATE — Philo launched in the U.S. on November 14, 2017.
PHILO FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- With Philo, you don't work around a TV's schedule, it works around yours. Philo seamlessly blends your saved shows with live, recently aired, and on-demand episodes for a custom library of never-ending entertainment at your leisure.
- Watch on up to three different devices at the same time, with personalized profiles for 10 users per account.
- With unlimited 30-day DVR, you can save anything currently airing or scheduled to air on Philo and we'll make it available to you for 30 days. Best of all? With DVR recordings, you can fast forward and rewind to your heart's content.
- Deep on-demand library of 60,000 titles.
- Missed something everyone's talking about? Philo lets you replay just about everything that's aired in the last 72 hours.
- Streamlined interface, intelligent search, and easy, but powerful functionality to save and follow your favorite shows.
- Easily share links to favorite shows—right from within the platform. For non-Philo users, signing up and watching is as easy as entering a phone number.
- Computer: Web
- TV: Amazon Fire TV, Google TV (Formerly Android TV), Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast functionality via Android (more to come)
- Mobile: iOS/iPad, Android Mobile devices, and Fire Tablets (Fire OS 5 minimum)
- TVE: access to TV Everywhere apps and websites for participating networks included in subscription
- "Philo Connect" was released in August 2020 and initially allows casting from an Android mobile device to Chromecast or any Chromecast-supported TVs.
- In the future, Philo Connect, will allow Philo users to connect all of the devices they use to watch TV including iOS, web, FireTV, and Roku.
Philo built Philo Connect to expand support of synchronized/social viewing and watch parties between multiple users, no matter where they are.
Examples of features in development include:
- Social Discovery: See what shows are popular with your friends.
- Synced Viewing: See what shows friends are watching and join them to watch together.
- Dive into Synced Viewing to see how far your friends have watched to avoid accidental spoilers.
Inspired by Philo T. Farnsworth—the inventor of electronic television—Philo was created to build a better TV experience. The company started in the college market and is now available nationwide, offering 60+ top-rated television channels for just $20.
In addition to being the first entertainment-focused streaming TV service, Philo is based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit philo.com.
Media can access press site here.
Philo is a registered trademark of Philo, Inc. Use of this trademark by Philo and/or any approved licensees does not imply any association with, or endorsement by, any person, living or dead.