Philo Fact Sheet
LAUNCH DATE — Philo launched in the U.S. on November 14, 2017.
- Entertainment and lifestyle focused programming package featuring 70+ channels for $25/month, including:
- AMC, A&E, BET, Discovery, VH1, Food Network, History, Nickelodeon, MTV, OWN, TLC, Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, Paramount Network, TV One, and more! Full channel line-up can be viewed here.
- Premium add-on packages, including MGM+, STARZ, and “Movies and More”. For more information about add-ons, click here.
PHILO FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- Philo seamlessly blends saved shows with live, recently aired content and on-demand episodes for a custom library of never-ending entertainment.
- Watch on up to three different devices at the same time, with personalized profiles for 10 users per account.
- With Philo’s Unlimited 1-year DVR, users can save anything currently airing or scheduled to air on Philo and we'll make it available to you for one year. With DVR recordings, users can easily fast forward and rewind. Click here for instructions on how to use Philo’s DVR.
- Deep on-demand library of 70,000 movies, shows, and specials.
- Streamlined interface makes it easy to save and follow favorite shows—and share links to them—right from the platform on web and mobile devices.
Watch Philo on the big screen with popular streaming media players:
- Roku, all current models
- Fire TV, all models
- Apple TV, 4th generation or later
- Android TV 5.0 or higher (device must be certified by Google, i.e. officially approved to use the Play Store)
- Chromecast, 2nd generation or later (i.e. firmware 1.42 or higher) using Android
- Samsung TV, 2017 models with Tizen OS 4.0 or later
Or take Philo on the go! The entertainment you want, anytime, anywhere, on your favorite devices:
- PC using a supported browser.
- Mac using a supported browser.
- Android phone or tablet, OS 5.0 or higher using our mobile app or Chrome.
- iPhone or iPad, OS 15.0 or higher using our mobile app. You can also use Safari, Chrome, or Firefox on your iOS or iPadOS device to manage your account and settings.
- Fire tablet, OS 5.0 or higher.
- We released “Philo Connect” in August 2020. Users can cast from an Android mobile device to Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast or any Chromecast-supported TVs. iOS support is coming soon.
Inspired by Philo T. Farnsworth—the inventor of electronic television—Philo is building a better TV experience. The company started in the college market and is now available nationwide, offering 70+ top-rated television channels for just $25.
In addition to being the first entertainment-focused streaming TV service, Philo is based in San Francisco, with offices in New York, and Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit philo.com.
For additional information and updates, visit the Philo blog for up to the latest news and releases.
Philo is a registered trademark of Philo, Inc. Use of this trademark by Philo and/or any approved licensees does not imply any association with, or endorsement by, any person, living or dead.