Philo Fact Sheet
LAUNCH DATE — Philo launched in the U.S. on November 14, 2017.
- Fastest growing live-TV streaming service in the first half of 2020
- 300% year over year growth
- Most recent subscriber count as of November 2020, 800K
- Entertainment-focused programming package featuring 60+ channels for $25/month.
- Programming agreements and investment from top programming groups: A+E, AMC, Discovery, and Viacom.
Package of entertainment, lifestyle, and knowledge-focused programming from top-rated channels, including:
- A&E, AMC, BBC America, Cheddar, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, ID, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, OWN, Tastemade, and many more; new content will continue to be added in the future.
- Philo also offers EPIX and STARZ for an additional cost. To access EPIX and STARZ, new customers can trial and subscribe at philo.com, free for seven days, to get started and begin watching within seconds. Existing Philo subscribers can also add these premium offerings at philo.com as well.
PHILO FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- With Philo, TV works around your schedule. Philo seamlessly blends your saved shows with live, recently aired content and on-demand episodes for a custom library of never-ending entertainment.
- Watch on up to three different devices at the same time, with personalized profiles for 10 users per account.
- With Philo's Unlimited 1-year DVR, you can save anything currently airing or scheduled to air on Philo and we'll make it available to you for 1-year. With DVR recordings, you can fast forward and rewind to your heart's content.
- Deep on-demand library of 60,000 movies, shows, and specials.
- Missed something everyone's talking about? Philo lets you replay just about everything that's aired in the last 72 hours.
- The streamlined interface makes it easy to save and follow your favorite shows.
- Easily share links to favorite shows—right from our platform.
- Computer: Web
- TV: Amazon Fire TV, Google TV (Formerly Android TV), Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast functionality via Android (more to come)
- Mobile: iOS/iPad, Android mobile devices, and Fire tablets
- TVE: access to TV Everywhere apps and websites for participating networks included in the subscription.
- "Philo Connect" was released in August 2020. Users can cast from an Android mobile device to Chromecast or any Chromecast-supported TVs.
- In the future, Philo Connect will allow Philo users to connect all of the devices they use to watch Philo.
Philo introduced Philo Connect to expand the support of synchronized/social viewing and watch parties between multiple users, no matter where they are.
Examples of features in development include:
- Social Discovery: See what shows are popular with your friends.
- Synced Viewing: See what shows friends are watching and join them to watch together.
Inspired by Philo T. Farnsworth—the inventor of electronic television—Philo was created to build a better TV experience. The company started in the college market and is now available nationwide, offering 60+ top-rated television channels for just $25.
In addition to being the first entertainment-focused streaming TV service, Philo is based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit philo.com.
Media can access press site here.
Philo is a registered trademark of Philo, Inc. Use of this trademark by Philo and/or any approved licensees does not imply any association with, or endorsement by, any person, living or dead.